Enrich your existing creative talents by learning to take a structured approach to researching and designing tailored instructor led training. A comprehensive foundation course for trainers in Session Design, Development and Delivery.
Synergy provides expert direction from our valued Trainers and Consultants. Our people are experts in their fields and provide you with an insight into their tools and techniques on how to develop the very best courses for onward delivery.
Who will benefit from attending this Training?
HR Managers, Trainers, New or prospective: Training Managers, Learning & Development personnel and Training Designers.
For more information or a full course outline email us at email@example.com with your requirements.
Understanding Business Needs
- Why do training needs arise?
- Matching training to client and business needs
- Identifying business constraints
- Training design and its place in the training cycle
Fundamentals of Training Design
- The key principles of effective design
- The systematic approach to training design
- Defining training aims & objectives
Designing the material
- Writing course aims and objectives
- Structuring the programme - creating a balance
- The use of pre-course questionnaires to define delegate needs
- Using learning styles to impact on training retention - the balance between interaction and knowledge transfer
- The use of storyboards and frameworks
- The difference between training manuals and trainer notes
- Key elements to include in manuals and trainer notes
- Action planning to utilise the learning and confirm knowledge retention
Materials, Exercises and Role-plays
- The key principles of creating supporting activities
- Researching, sourcing and using the right materials
- Creating case studies and role-play scenarios
- Keeping it legal - operating within the copyright laws
The Role of the Trainer
- Why organisations train
- Meeting the needs of the business
- Supporting organisational objectives and strategies
- The qualities of a successful trainer
The Learning Process
- How people learn
- Learning styles - Maximising individual development through the learning process
- Identifying trainees - the selection criteria
- Adapting your training style to meet the needs of the group
Establishing and Meeting Training Objectives
- Establishing and writing objectives - ensuring the success of your training sessions
- Building course content - deciding on depth and scope of material
- Sequencing materials and developing course structure
- Building in questions to support the learning process
Training Methods and Visual Aids
- Using visual aids for maximum effect - selecting appropriate visual aids
- Working with whiteboards, transparencies and flipcharts
- Using computer-based presentation packages
- Selecting appropriate training methods - trainee analysis
- Trainer-led facilitation and group discussion
- Training methods review - syndicate exercises etc.
- The make-up and structure of groups
- Anticipating and overcoming trainee problems
- Handling difficult trainees
Training Delivery and Evaluation
- Training exercises; design and delivery of training sessions
- Each delegate will undertake practical sessions through the duration of the course. These encompass the writing of session objectives, content development and training delivery. Video will be used to aid this process.
- Effectively measuring learning outcomes
- Short and long term measurement
- Action planning - the essential next steps
- Continuous professional development - what next?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Clearly identify the requirements of your training role.
- Write appropriate training objectives.
- Identify appropriate training materials and structure content to meet the objectives of the group
- Confidently deliver effective training sessions
- Select and utilise effective visual aids to support your training sessions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your training against predetermined objectives
- Gain a clear understanding of your delegates' needs and their impact on training design
- Apply learning styles to the design of courses
- Create a cohesive framework through the use of outline designs and storyboards
- Develop effective and relevant exercises and case studies
- Source and research appropriate materials
- Write full training materials and trainer notes
The training process is based on a carefully planned mix of succinct tutor input - with practical illustration of tools and concepts, group work on case studies (all video based - and lively), feedback, and selective work on individual issues in pairs. Team involvement and working enable a strategy to be created from start to finish. The Training is based on the 4 mat systems to enable complete learning. There will also be some opportunity for role play. You will receive an electronic toolkit within the material for subsequent everyday use.
Let Synergy come to you !
Did you know Synergy can come to you and deliver this workshop ‘In Company’ at your own venue or location. If you have three or more people who you would like to benefit from attending this workshop our trainer can travel to you and deliver the same specification of course for your staff at a fraction of the overall cost.
If you’d like to know more about this option email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – our operations team manages all of our ‘In Company’ events and we can talk you though the logistics, pricing and whether you’d like the workshop as advertised here or something tailor made just for your business.
We have several packages on offer so contact us today.
What is Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date, improving your capabilities, proving commitment and competency in your profession. It focuses on what you learn and how you progress throughout your career, helping you gain more credibility within your industry, with your employer, clients and gain competitive edge over your peers.
Being actively committed to CPD may in the future:
- Improve your Resume
- Maintain professional recognition
- Showcase your achievements, attributes and your brand
- Accelerate your career prospects
- Deliver job satisfaction: ensuring you are Career focused
- Reassure your Employers and Stakeholders that you are upto date and competent
How do I gain CPD recognition:
By attending Synergy Courses you can be assured that attendance, completion and certification will be rewarded by CPD points. To help advance your professional status CPD recognition is awarded on both public workshops and in-house courses, being dependent on the number of hours spent learning. On request Synergy Training Group will provide a certificate of attendance for you to use as evidence and to attach to your record card.
A number of our courses are accredited, endorsed or approved by a number of Learning & Development and Professional Bodies and Associations for more detail please contact us at email@example.com