Succession planning has been identified as only done by 7% of the top 500 companies worldwide. Organisations that implement effective succession planning and career development ensure business continuity while motivating and retaining their talent rather than losing them to their competitors. This course will equip you with the knowledge, skillset and tools and techniques for you to:
Attending This Course You Will Be Able To:
- Write an effective succession plan policy
- Identify the impact on HR and organisational processes
- Create a comprehensive plan of HR capabilities and values
- Identify and analyse current levels of individual competence
- Implement a talent development plan that improves and retains staff with potential
- Identify and strengthen the key attributes of the next generation of leaders
- Plan and implement a cost-efficient succession plan
- Improve performance management procedures
- Produce monitoring data and reports to track staff development
- Recognise talent and match it to your organisational needs
- Better engage staff and inspire them to perform and develop
- Create a culture that nurtures talent from the outset
- Recognise and overcome barriers to development
Who Should Attend
This course has been specifically designed for all leadership and management professionals with an interest in ensuring business continuity and improving performance, motivation and loyalty of employees. It is an essential course for new entrants to the HR and people space, department heads, directors, senior managers and section heads. HR professionals, People Development Officers and Career Development Specialists will also benefit from the outcomes of this course.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand why only 7% of the world’s top organisations have a credible plan in place to develop their top talent
- Develop an effective process to build a talent management programme, a succession plan for your organisation’s future
- Create a great place to work through a culture of growth and development
- Ensure business continuity by planning succession into key organisational positions and preparing people to step up to leadership roles
- Attract and retain the top talent you need to meet your organisation’s current and future objectives without spending vast financial resources
- Build a unique Employer Value Proposition (EVP)
Talent Management – What’s It All About?
- How do you define talent for your organisation?
- The difference between talent management and succession planning
- Holding a talent review – key things to consider
- A talent review framework – a practical example of a talent review in action
- The difference between high potential and high performance
- Internal identification of talent – key roles and paths and creating the right climate
Building Your External Network
- How to identify the right organisations and individuals for your network
- What you need today may be very different from tomorrow – ensuring your talent and succession plans support the long-term business objectives
- External recruitment and selection to attract the talent you require now and in future
Development and Succession
- What is succession planning?
- The importance of business continuity
- What is the succession situation?
- Identifying critical, core and scare positions
- How to create the right development opportunities for individual and the organisation
- The importance of the conversation
- There’s no point having a talent pipeline and keeping it secret
- Your team should know where they are on the talent pipeline
- We’ll help you develop strategies to manage the conversations and expectations
- Evaluation and Action
- Identify development needs for future career and succession
- Identify realistic time frames for development
- External or internal development?
- Qualifications / CPD and Development
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Growth and how to attain it
- Recording keeping of PDP and actual development
- Reviewing the career development plan
Impact On HR And Organisational Development
- Employee engagement
- Performance management
- Talent management
Implementation of Succession Plan And Career Development Plan’s
- Obtaining commitment and buy-in
- Financing succession plan
- Cascading information to the successors and to senior management
- The succession plan project
- Monitoring the progress of the plan
- What are you going to do back in the office?
Your understanding of the course content will be assessed by completion of course exercises in the classroom and a short final exam.
The training process is based on a carefully planned mix of succinct tutor input - with practical illustration of tools and concepts, group work on case studies (all video based - and lively), feedback, and selective work on individual issues in pairs. Team involvement and working enable a strategy to be created from start to finish. The Training is based on the 4 mat systems to enable complete learning. There will also be some opportunity for role play. You will receive an electronic toolkit within the material for subsequent everyday use.
Let us come to you !
Did you know Synergy can come to you and deliver this workshop ‘In Company’ at your own venue or location. If you have three or more people who you would like to benefit from attending this workshop our trainer can travel to you and deliver the same specification of course for your staff at a fraction of the overall cost.
If you’d like to know more about this option email us at email@example.com our operations team manages all of our ‘In Company’ events and we can talk you though the logistics, pricing and whether you’d like the workshop as advertised here or something tailor made just for your business.
We have several packages on offer so contact us today.
What is Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date, improving your capabilities, proving commitment and competency in your profession. It focuses on what you learn and how you progress throughout your career, helping you gain more credibility within your industry, with your employer, clients and gain competitive edge over your peers.
Being actively committed to CPD may in the future:
- Improve your Resume
- Maintain professional recognition
- Showcase your achievements, attributes and your brand
- Accelerate your career prospects
- Deliver job satisfaction: ensuring you are Career focused
- Reassure your Employers and Stakeholders that you are upto date and competent
How do I gain CPD recognition:
By attending Synergy Courses you can be assured that attendance, completion and certification will be rewarded by CPD points. To help advance your professional status CPD recognition is awarded on both public workshops and in-house courses, being dependent on the number of hours spent learning. On request Synergy Training Group will provide a certificate of attendance for you to use as evidence and to attach to your record card.
A number of our courses are accredited, endorsed or approved by a number of Learning & Development and Professional Bodies and Associations for more detail please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org