Are you totally happy and completely confident in your organisation’s ability to continue operating despite a major interruption?
Loss of IT is the most common interruption suffered by organisations, regardless of size or sector, such as: Flood, Fire, Theft, Fraud, System Failure, Industrial accident, adverse weather and /or Terrorist attack, all too often, when the unexpected happens,
This very practical course helps you analyse all the issues that might affect your organization: not just the obvious major risks which hardly ever happen, even the smaller risks which are actually the most common cause of problems for most organizations (e.g., loss of IT, power or key personnel). You will leave the day with a new focus on the issues faced by your organisation as well as the information and tools to cope with setbacks as well as major disasters.
- Evaluate and mitigate more than a dozen potential perilous risks to the organisation
- Organise your Emergency Response Management Teams to their best advantage
- Designing effective Crisis Management & Emergency Response strategies
- Create authenticated Corporate wide Communication strategies including Call Centres, Emergency Centres, Media/Government Relationship statements ensuring stakeholder and reputation value
- Table-top exercises with syndicate role-playing will demonstrate to delegates the individual, departmental and corporate roles and responsibilities of all responders
Who will benefit from attending this Training?
This course is primarily designed for Board members, Senior Management and Department Heads, I emphasises the need for awareness training for all employees including:
- Designated Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response Professionals
- Fire, Safety and Security Professionals
- Risk, Marketing and Insurance Professionals
- Operation, Asset and Facility Professionals
- Ministry or Government Regulators
- Line Managers and Supervisors and other professionals wishing to appraise their comprehension of Emergency Response
What you will learn:
- Differentiate between Incidents, Emergencies and Crisis,
- Demonstrate the enhanced roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Response Teams (ERT) and Crisis Management Team (CMT)
- Formulate your On-Scene leadership, emergency management and crisis management capabilities and techniques
- Recognise the attributes of Incident, Emergency & Crisis Response Management
- Review Emergency, Communication and Business Continuity Plans and Procedures based on national and international standards and best practices in the Industry
- Demonstrate techniques to mitigate the full range of risks and hazards
- Appreciate effective strategies and skills to communicate with all your stakeholders at the right time and with the right information
- Your organisation will be able to identify & acquire an improved state of preparedness, at all levels
- Interpret the importance of the human factor, what are the means to ensure the best psychological readiness, resource allocation, deployment, discipline and leadership.
Day 1 - Increase your ability to evaluate, mitigate and respond to all future unknown challenges.
- What is Business Continuity?
- Why Plan for Business Continuity
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery - Putting risks in perspective
- Why do Risk Events Happen?
- The Board, Policies, responsibilities, Delegation, Supervision, Insurance, Adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements
- The Register of Risks and events
- Co-ordination with ALL stakeholders
- How to secure your assets
- Emergency Management Plans, Organisation & Procedures
- The essentials of Crisis Management and Leadership behaviours
Day 2 - Emergency Communications & Incident On-Scene Command
- Emergency Communication Centre information flow, how to avoid mistakes
- Call Centre Management, how to handle the huge amounts of inquiries from media, families and other stakeholders
- Team roles and responsibilities, extract the best from your team
- Crisis Communications examples of information sharing, what can go wrong?
- Manage ‘’smouldering’’ corporate issues before they become Crises
- Critical role of the First Responder/s and On-Scene Commander. All the essential elements for success
- The ‘Golden Hour: managing the first hour after the crisis breaks before stakeholders learn of it from social/normal media.
Day 3 - Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Incident Command (ICS)
- The essential role of BCM in Crisis Management
- Plans and Business Impact Analysis, formats, examples and templates
- Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Terrorist attack on an asset
- The Incident Command System (ICS) and team skill sets for CMT, EMT & ERT
- Programme evaluation concept – Internal and External Audits
- Corporate Social Responsibility or Government Regulation on Oil Spill Prevention
- International Standards for BCM (ISO25999) ICS, Spills (SPCC), Environmental, Major Accident & Hazards Reg’s (COMAH & NFPA1600), Reporting requirements
Day 4 - Developing an Effective, Quick & Practical Media & Communications Strategic Response
- The Communication strategy
- Tools to manage social media always are one step ahead!
- Strategies to build Reputation, before, during and after the crisis, build on your corporate brand identity, renew trust and stakeholder value
- Protect your reputation and brand with your customers, suppliers and bankers
- Media Support and the role of the designated Spokesperson including the Do’s and Don’ts for Conferences and TV Interviews
- Syndicate Media Crisis response to a given real-life scenario followed immediately by a simulated Press Business Impact Analysis
- How it all fits together
Day 5 - Crisis Management Plan Testing, Training, Auditing and Exercise Simulations
- Maintenance & auditing techniques for Crisis Management plans
- Planning Exercises and realistic simulations, structure, scenarios & materials
- Checklists for Critical Incident/Exercise debriefings, evaluations and follow-up
- Trauma & Stress Management, HR Support and potential welfare problems for you and your team following a traumatic experience
- Useful Information and Websites
- Action planning - the essential next steps
- Continuous professional development - what next?
The training process is based on a carefully planned mix of succinct tutor input - with practical illustration of tools and concepts, group work on case studies (all video based - and lively), feedback, and selective work on individual issues in pairs. Team involvement and working enable a strategy to be created from start to finish. The Training is based on the 4 mat systems to enable complete learning. There will also be some opportunity for role play. You will receive an electronic toolkit within the material for subsequent everyday use
We can come to you !
Did you know Synergy can come to you and deliver this workshop ‘In Company’ at your own venue or location. If you have three or more people who you would like to benefit from attending this workshop our trainer can travel to you and deliver the same specification of course for your staff at a fraction of the overall cost.
If you’d like to know more about this option please contact us on 0121 605 7533 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – our operations team manages all of our ‘In Company’ events and we can talk you though the logistics, pricing and whether you’d like the workshop as advertised here or something tailor made just for your business.
We have several packages on offer so contact us today.
What is Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date, improving your capabilities, proving commitment and competency in your profession. It focuses on what you learn and how you progress throughout your career, helping you gain more credibility within your industry, with your employer, clients and gain competitive edge over your peers.
Being actively committed to CPD may in the future:
- Improve your Resume
- Maintain professional recognition
- Showcase your achievements, attributes and your brand
- Accelerate your career prospects
- Deliver job satisfaction: ensuring you are Career focused
- Reassure your Employers and Stakeholders that you are upto date and competent
How do I gain CPD recognition
By attending Synergy Courses you can be assured that attendance, completion and certification will be rewarded by CPD points. To help advance your professional status CPD recognition is awarded on both public workshops and in-house courses, being dependent on the number of hours spent learning. On request Synergy Training Group will provide a certificate of attendance for you to use as evidence and to attach to your record card.
A number of our courses are accredited, endorsed or approved by a number of Learning & Development and Professional Bodies and Associations for more detail please contact us at email@example.com.